Our Musical Instruments
Immanuel’s organ was designed and built by the Austin Organ Company of Hartford, Connecticut, one of this country’s oldest and most established builders, founded in 1893. The organ comprises three manual divisions—Great, Swell and Choir—plus Pedal, and contains 1,994 pipes made of lead, tin, zinc and wood, arranged in 34 ranks. It was installed in the church in May 1969, and dedicated at a special service and organ recital by Hinson Mikell on October 1, 1969.
Steinway L piano
Date: 1959 Length: 5'10.5" Width: 58" Weight: 610 lb Keys: Bavarian Spruce
The Steinway Model L is considered to be a "baby grand piano," that is, any grand piano below six feet long. Steinway knows how to build larger and smaller grand pianos with a sound quality that has made them internationally renowned. Because the Steinway L produces the beautiful tone, volume, touch and control of a concert grand, many professional pianists choose this model for their "home" and/or practice piano.
Wm. Knabe piano
Donated by the family of former parishioner Denise Cooper in 2013. Wm. Knabe & Co. was a piano manufacturing company in Baltimore, Maryland from the middle of the nineteenth century through the beginning of the 20th century, and continued as a division of Aeolian-American at East Rochester, New York until 1982. It is currently a line of pianos manufactured by Samick Musical Instruments. Knabe was historically called the “singer’s piano” because of the comparatively more mellow tone than that of other manufacturers.
This Yamaha made 88-key fine quality digital piano has many versatile functions. Voices include piano, harpsichord and organ, with a piano weighted-key touch. It has a rich, subtle sound and exceptional dynamics from pianissimo to fortissimo. Internet Direct Connection (IDC) functions expand music enjoyment.
Two-octave set of brass English handbells by Malmark, of Plumsteadville, PA.